Our MissionThe World Walking Horse Association was founded in 2013 to record and preserve the pedigrees of the Walking Horse while maintaining the integrity of the breed, its versatility, and most importantly, its inherently natural, evenly timed, four-beat, walking gaits.
Most Frequently Asked Questions
- Provide a registry of complete and accurate pedigrees of purebred Walking Horses registered with the WWHA.
- Provide to Walking Horse owners services and opportunities for participation in many diverse equine disciplines (including point and achievement programs) within a friendly and welcoming atmosphere.
- Provide every member the opportunity to voice his or her opinion and to be heard, while knowing that the directors and membership share the same passion for the Walking Horse.
- Promote the natural ability and gait of the barefoot or flat-shod horse by humane and classical training.
- Provide something for the seasoned show veteran, the casual horse enthusiast, and the non-horse owner wishing to support the Walking Horse.
- Generate growth of WWHA membership and the sound Walking Horse breed via the marketing, promotion, advertising and publicity of the naturally gaited Walking Horse.
- Provide education programs, materials and curriculum which will build and strengthen a natural Walkinig Horse industry for WWHA, its members, and its breed as the leading resource organization for the Walking Horse.
- Produce a clearly and concisely written rule book which will be reviewed annually and updated as necessary.
- Develop programs designed to help educate potential Walking Horse enthusiasts and promote sound and natural exhibition and competition within the Walking Horse industry.