We know that your riding and driving activities are diverse. Through the Alternative Showing Program, you can get recognition for accomplishments in the disciplines you enjoy most! Your community probably offers competitive events, shows for horses, and rides. Events such as 4-H shows, horse trail rides and other activities may fall outside the category of a WWHA approved show. Even if the WWHA is not officially associated with the event, we want to recognize your efforts on your Walking Horse. As a result, your accomplishments can be recorded on your registered Walking Horse’s official performance record. The WWHA ASP is open to almost any type of activity as long as the competition is sponsored by an organization that keeps official records on the performance of horses entered in the event or show.
HOW TO ENROLL and REPORT
- WWHA membership is required to enroll and exhibit the horse in the ASP.
- The horse owner must be a WWHA member and the horse must be WWHA registered to receive any awards from the WWHA.
- Annual enrollment of the horse in the ASP is required, even though you do not have to own the horse you use to compete with.
- Once we have received your enrollment form, you are ready to earn points.
- Once you have completed an event, the show/event secretary must sign the report form verifying the class/competition information, number of entries and how you placed.
- Return the report form, along with the show bill to the WWHA within 30 days.